The province of Negros Oriental will be placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine starting April 3, 2020 until April 18, 2020. Below is the complete Executive Order No. 26 Series of 2020 signed by Negros Oriental Provincial Governor Roel R. Degamo. (12 pages)
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2020-26
March 31, 2020
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER DECLARING THE WHOLE PROVINCE OF NEGROS ORIENTAL UNDER THE ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE (ECQ)
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization (WHO) has already characterized the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) as pandemic;
WHEREAS, on March 8, 2020, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation No. 922, which placed the Philippines under a State of Public Health Emergency;
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, recognizing that the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) public health event constitutes a threat to national security, declared a State of Calamity throughout the Philippines by issuing Proclamation No. 929;
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, the undersigned issued Executive Order (EO) No. 21, Declaring a General Community Quarantine in the Entire Province of Negros Oriental;
WHEREAS, the quick alarming morbidity and death of two (2) COVID-19 positive persons and the increasing number of Persons with influenza Like Illness Moderate Acute Respiratory Illness and Severe Acute Respiratory Illness related to COVID-19 in Negros Oriental;
WHEREAS, EO No. 21, s. of 2020, proclamation empowers Local Government Units (LGUs) to immediately act to prevent loss of life, utilize appropriate resources to implement urgent and critical measures to contain or prevent this spread of COVID-19, mitigate its effect on the community and prevent serious disruption to the government and community;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GOV. ROEL R. DEGAMO, with the power vested in me by law as the duly elected Governor of Negros Oriental, do hereby order the following; viz:
SECTION 1. DECLARATION OF ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE (ECQ).
The whole Province of Negros Oriental is hereby placed under a State of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) effective 12:01 AM of April 3, 2020 until 12:01 AM of April 18, 2020 unless sooner lifted or withdrawn.
In reference to Resolution no. 12, s. 2020, dated March 13, 2020, issued by Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease a STATE OF ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE (ECQ) is a state where strict home quarantine shall be implemented in all households, transportation shall be suspended, provision for food and essential health services shall be regulated and heightened presence of uniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures will be implemented.
SECTION 2. POLICY AND GUIDELINES OF ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE.
Pursuant to the declaration of a State of Enhanced Community Quarantine in the Province of Negros Oriental, all residents of the Province are ordered and directed to obey, follow and abide strictly to the following policies and guidelines:
A. MANDATORY STAY AT HOME ORDER. All persons of the Province of Negros Oriental during the effectivity of the ECQ shall stay at home and movement outside their home shall be allowed only for purposes of accessing basic necessities and other needs.
Provided, that only one able bodied and below 65 years old member of the household is allowed to go out for this purpose and shall bring his/her quarantine pass issued by the Mayor or his/her duly authorized representative. An alternate member is allowed and whose name shall be included in the same pass in case the primary holder of the pass becomes indisposed.
The Mandatory at Home Order shall not apply to the following:
- Medical practitioners, officers, hospital staff, nurses, caregivers and health volunteers for the purpose of rendering medical assistance and/or services;
- Emergency personnel;
- All authorized national and local government officials and employees;
- Drivers and personnel of delivery vehicles of all types of cargoes;
- Construction workers duly authorized by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or thru their duly authorized Barangay Captains;
- Accredited media personnel by the Philippine Information Agency;
- Farmers, fishermen and agribusiness personnel;
- Persons who seek medical attention or who are already admitted in any medical facility, provided that only one companion shall be allowed;
- Employees of exempted establishments as provided under Section 2.0 hereof;
- and Such other persons as may be authorized by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or their duly authorized representative.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, and other law enforcement agencies are directed to ensure enforcement/compliance hereof.
B. NON-DISRUPTION OF GOVERNMENT WORKS.
Government offices providing basic services shall continue to operate provided that they adopt alternative work arrangements pursuant to Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular no 07, series of 2020.
Government offices are hereby directed to issue accreditation orders to identify their skeletal work forces for critical services operating during the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine. Bona fide identification cards and certification on active duty issued by their respective agencies shall be sufficient for movement around their respective LGUs until such time that such accreditation orders shall have been issued by the agency concerned.
C. CLOSURE OF BUSINESSES.
I. All business establishments shall be closed for the duration of the ECO except the following:
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR OPERATIONS
- Hospitals, medical clinics and laboratories;
- Pharmacies and drug stores;
- Gasoline stations;
- Cargo handlers, forwarders, shipping lines, truckers, container yard;
- Water, electricity, cable and telecommunication companies;
- Funeral parlors; and
- Establishments rendering delivery services, whether in-house or outsourced transporting food, medicine and other basic necessities should secure a medical certification issued the originating City/Municipal Health on the date of travel.
LIMITED OPERATING HOURS (UNTIL 8:00 PM IN THE EVENING)
- Food establishments, provided that there shall be no dine-in customers and only cooked takeout orders or delivery services are allowed;
- Food manufacturers and suppliers;
- Public markets, supermarkets, groceries, bakeshops, and convenience stores;
- Water-refilling stations;
- Veterinary clinic;
- Animal feed veterinary supply suppliers;
- Banks and money transfers;
- Hardware stores;
- Delivery and courier services;
- Dealers or suppliers of agricultural products, LPG and other petroleum products;
- Laundry services; and
- Automotive supplies.
The management of the foregoing exempted establishments shall adopt a strict skeletal workforce, implement social distancing measures, and provide adequate transportation to their employees.
Further, these establishments are directed to conduct temperature check prior to allowing customers and patrons inside their premises. Provided further, that these establishments must require their employees to wear masks and proper equipment when necessary, provide alcohol and/or sanitizers and keep hand washing stations within their premises. Provided finally, that these establishments direct their employees to immediately proceed to their respective homes after ending their shift.
The City and Municipal Mayors reserves the right to set the time of operating hours and reserves the right to authorize other establishments to operate as may deem fit and necessary.
II. No hotels or similar establishments shall be allowed to operate, except those accommodating:
- Guest who have existing booking accommodation as of March 26, 2020, provided, no new booking shall be accommodated; and
- Guests who have existing long-term leases.
- Employees of business process outsourcing (BP0) companies
III. All Business Process Outsourcing (BPOs) and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPOs) and export-oriented industries, as applicable, may remain operational, pursuant to the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Memorandum Circular no. 005, series of 2020.
D. SUSPENSION OF ALL OPERATIONS OF LAND VEHICLES.
The operation of all land vehicles whether public or private plying within the territorial jurisdiction of the Province of Negros Oriental shall be temporarily suspended, except:
- Private vehicles and motorcycles which are allowed to ply within the clustered cities and municipalities for the purpose of securing food, basic commodities and medicine. For this purpose, the Cities and Municipalities are hereby clustered as follows:
Cluster I — comprising the City of Dumaguete and Municipalities of Bacong up to Siaton to the south to include Valencia, and the Municipalities from Sibulan up to San Jose, Negros Oriental.
Cluster II — Comprising the City of Bayawan and Municipalities of Santa Catalina and Basay:
Cluster III — Comprising the Cities of Tanjay and Bais, Municipalities of Amlan, Pamplona, Mabinay, Manjuyod, Bindoy and Ayungon.
Provided, that the Municipality of Ayungon shall allow passage thru the Ayungon-Nabilog-Tambo-Mabato National Highway and the national highway from Poblacion Ayungon up to Tayasan Boundary for residents of the following hinterland barangays of Tayasan: Bago, Guincalaban, Jilabangan, Lag-it, Linao, Pindahan, Pinalubngan, Pinocawan, Tambulan, and Tanlad. Provided, that the requirements as stipulated in Executive Order no. 2020-26, dated March 31, 2020 and the checkpoint protocols will be followed in regulating the flow of persons. Provided further, that the traveler will directly proceed to the Munipality of Tayasan.
Cluster IV — comprising the Municipalities of Tayasan and Jimalalud.
Provided, that in cases of non-availability of needed medicines in the 2 municipalities and there is a need to buy them from other nearby clusters, concerned should bring along with them boundary and quarantine passes issued by their respective mayor or thru his/her duly authorized representative, vehicle pass if concern owns a vehicle, and identification card.
Cluster V — Comprising the Cities of Guihulngan and Canlaon, and Municipalities of La Libertad and Vallehermoso.
Provided that the person shall carry identification card and a quarantine pass issued by their City or Municipal Mayors or their duly authorized representative. Provided also, that protocols at the checkpoints shall be followed.
- Emergency vehicles, provided, the driver and the patient attendant shall carry with them their quarantine pass and identification card.
- Delivery trucks carrying basic commodities and essential goods and Delivery trucks carrying construction materials and equipment.
- Bring Original Business Permit (for dry goods-grocery stores and LGP retailers),
- All incoming/outgoing cargoes in the city/municipality should bring a copy of OR/CR for the registration of the vehicle and Driver’s License.
- Maximum of 2 assistants and 1 driver are allowed per cargo. The persons who came in should be the ones to get out. No substitution of passenger and driver.
- Upon entry, the driver and passenger should be disinfected or sanitized using alcohol spray provided by the LGU.
- Outbound drivers having symptoms such as fever, colds or cough are not allowed to go in/out from the city/municipality and so with inbound drivers with the same symptoms are subject for isolation/quarantine for 14 days.
- Strict banning of alcoholic beverages.
- Present a photocopy of Business Permit and Delivery Receipt.
- All incoming/outgoing cargoes in the city/municipality should bring a copy of OR/CR for the registration of the vehicle and Driver’s License.
- Maximum of 2 assistants and 1 driver are allowed per cargo.
- Selling of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- All AFP, PNP, PCG, DILG and BJMP vehicles.
- Authorized government vehicles.
- Buses authorized by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors.
- All other vehicles duly authorized by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or his/her duly authorized representative.
The Provincial Government, City and Municipal Government shall undertake providing transportation for frontliners, health and medical workers, workers in exempt establishments in the Cities and Municipalities of Negros Oriental within 24 hours.
E. RESTRICTION OF LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
Travel or transit in the Province, cities or municipalities is prohibited, except the following (provided that they present the proper identification needed):
- Authorized government officials and employees;
- Health and emergency workers;
- Bona fide members of the provincial Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19,
- provided, they shall carry with them their IATF identification card signed by the Governor.
- Law enforcement personnel, including the police, military, PCG, DILG, BJMP and force multipliers;
- Individuals duly authorized to conduct humanitarian and relief operations;
- Persons working in the aforecited mentioned exempted establishments;
- Media personnel with duly issued press/company identification card;
- Workers attending to installation, construction, indoor repair of public utilities and/ or road construction;
- Transiting outbound passengers;
- Trucks and vehicles transporting all types of goods and cargoes;
- Delivery services whether in-house or outsourced, transporting food, medicine and other basic necessities; and
- Vehicles authorized by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or their duly authorized representative.
E. BORDER CONTROL
During the Enhanced Community Quarantine, strict monitoring of the borders of the Province, Cities and Municipalities shall be implemented and to this end, the following shall be observed:
1. No person is allowed to enter or exit the Province, Cities or Municipalities, except for the following:
I. Medical Services
a. All Department of Health officials and their complement;
b. All health and service personnel stationed at the local government unit health facilities;
c. All Philippine Red Cross vehicles bearing the Red Cross logo and staff with Red Cross ID;
d. Core staff from the World Health Organization and its regional offices;
e. Doctors, Nurses, Medical Technologists and their drivers;
f. Hospital staff and employees including janitorial and security services;
g. Medical professionals and other employees;
h. Private caregivers;
II. Emergency responders from any of the following:
a. Bureau of Fire Protection;
b. Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office;
c. Department of Social Welfare and Development;
d. Provincial City/Municipal Social Welfare Development;
e. Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERTS); and
f. Local Government Officials;
III. Security Service Personnel
a. Armed Forces of the Philippines;
b. Philippine National Police;
c. Philippine Coast Guard;
d. Bureau of Jail Management and Penology;
e. National Bureau of Investigation;
f. Bureau of Quarantine;
g. Bureau of Customs;
h. Philippine Ports Authority;
i. Land Transportation Office;
j. Bantay Dagat and Bantay Lasang enforcers,
I. Company Security Officers and security guards;
m. Force Multipliers (Barangay Officials and Tanods)
a. Bank executives and key officials;
b. Bank employees;
c. Bank ATM Service team/crew; and
d. Pick-up personnel and Armored vehicle crew.
V, Money Changer Services — officers and employees
VI. Supermarkets/Groceries/Convenience Stores
a. Officials and employees.
VII. Public Markets
a. Vendors; and
a. Pharmacists and employees.
IX. Food Chain/restaurants/carinderia engaged in delivery and take-out.
a. Staff and Crew.
X. Public Utilities
a. Officials and employees.
XI. Sanitation — Residence, industrial, hospital and toxic garbage/waste
collectors and drivers.
XII. Delivery personnel of cargoes — with or without load (3 personnel
XIII. Employees working at the manufacturing establishments engaged in
the production and distribution of food, essential and hygiene products, medicines and vitamins, medical products such as PPEs, masks, gloves and others;
XIV. Logistics/Warehouse establishment employees;
XV. Authorized Officials and employees of BPOs, KPOs and Export-Oriented Business personnel;
XVI. Heads of mission or their designated foreign mission representatives, including limited foreign mission personnel and staff may be exempted from the strict home quarantine requirement whenever performing diplomatic functions, subject to such appropriate guidelines issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs. Provided, that protocols on the establishment of skeletal workforces shall be observed.
XVII. Other Authorized Persons
- Officials of the national government and/or their duly authorized representatives;
a. Ombudsman and Deputy Ombudsman;
b. Justice of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal;
c. Judges of the Regional, Metropolitan, City and Municipal Trial courts and Prosecutors;
d. Provincial Governor, Provincial Vice-Governor, Provincial Board Members, Officials and employees assigned in the Provincial Capitol;
e. City and Municipal Mayors, Vice Mayors and respective Members of the Sanggunian Panglunsod/Bayan, local government officials and employees;
f. Media personalities;
g. Such other persons determined by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or their duly representative to enter and exit the province, city or municipality.
- No vehicle is allowed to enter or exit the Province of Negros Oriental, Cities and Municipalities during the period of ECQ, except the following:
a. Those vehicles carrying persons allowed to enter and exit the Province, its cities and municipalities;
b. Those vehicles carrying essential goods and basic commodities;
c. Emergency vehicles such as ambulances, fire trucks and the like;
d. All vehicles of the AFP, PNP, PCG BJMP and BFP;
e. Those vehicles determined by the Governor, City and Municipal Mayors or his/her duly authorized representative to enter and exit the Province, its cities and municipalities.
F. BORDER CHECK POINTS AND OPERATIONS
To establish border control under the declaration of Enhanced Community Quarantine shall adopt the Action Plan of the IATF on COVID-19 Committee on Law Enforcement and Peace and Order. Copy of which is hereby attached as Annex ‘A”.
The movement of ALL types of cargoes in the point of entries SHALL BE UNHAMPERED upon the presentation of the cargo manifest or delivery receipt indicating the destination, nature, and quantity of loaded goods/cargoes and subject to established guidelines and protocols (such as temperature check, etc.) as crafted by the IATF COVID-19 Committee on Law Enforcement and Peace and Order.
G. SHARING OF UNVERIFIED INFORMATION
In order to streamline and decentralize the operations, management and information dissemination in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, the provincial IATF COVID-19 will act as the policy-making body in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic of the province. Dissemination of Information shall only be handled by the IATF Information/Communications Committee to prevent confusion and chaos.
Sharing of unconfirmed reports is strictly prohibited. Only valid and verified information from the proper authorities shall be allowed to be published and shared. Appropriate legal action shall be imposed upon violation hereof.
H. HANDLING AND DISPOSAL OF REMAINS OF COVID-19 CONFIRMED CASES AND PATIENTS UNDER INVESTIGATIONS (PU1s)
- In handling the remains of COVID-19 cases, general infection precautions
- must be strictly observed to avoid further spread of the disease and shall to conform to DILG MC 2020-063.
- LGUs (cities and municipalities) shall designate funeral service facilities to
- handle the remains of COVID-19 cases and provide possible financial assistance to cover the logistics, fuel, salary and other expenses that will be incurred in the process.
- LGUs (cities and municipalities) and the DILG shall monitor and penalize funeral homes that refuses to provide logistics and transport of COVID-19 remains, including but not limited to refusal to pick-up the remains subject to the policies and guidelines of the aforementioned LGUs or the DILG.
- To reiterate, the funeral services staff and personnel are granted exemptions from the imposed Enhanced Community Quarantine. The said individuals may freely move and travel to ensure that the remains of deceased individuals will be given proper funeral services.
- Funeral Homes/companies are directed to provide transportation and/or housing accommodations for funeral service staff.
H. ENFORCEMENT OF COMPLIANCE FOR BUSINESSES
The Philippine National Police with the cooperation of the Business Permit Licensing Office and other involved in licensing of businesses of Cities and Municipalities are hereby directed to implement the full extent of this Order and in consequence thereto, revoke the Business Permit of the establishment and file appropriate action.
I. IMPLEMENTATION AND PENALTIES FOR NON-IMPLEMENTATION.
All Cities and Municipalities through the active involvement of the Barangay Captains, Officials, Tanods and other force multipliers are likewise mandated to implement this Order in their respective jurisdiction and in coordination with law enforcement agencies.
Non-compliant barangay officials shall be filed appropriate administrative and/or criminal cases as provided under relevant laws and issuances. The City Attorney or Municipal Attorney is directed to monitor compliance of the Barangays.
SECTION 3. All executive orders and issuances by cities and municipalities that are inconsistent herewith will be superseded by this Executive Order.
SECTION 4. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE.
Should any provisions of this Executive Order be declared by a cowl of competent jurisdiction as invalid or unconstitutional, the remaining provisions not otherwise adversely affected thereby shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 5. REPEALING CLAUSE.
Any and all executive orders, issuances, rules and regulations, memoranda, policies made by the respective committees of the Inter-Agency Task Force COVID-19 or any part thereof which are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Executive Order shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 6. EFFECTIVITY.
This Executive Order shall take effect on 12:01 o’clock morning of April 3. 2020 until 12:01 morning of April 18, 2020 and shall remain in full force until revoked.