The Philippine Folk Dance Society, the Cultural Center of the Philippines, and the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, in partnership with the City Government of Dapitan, conduct its 2016 National Folk Dance Workshop from May 23 to 2’7, 2016 at the Dakak Park and Beach Resort. Sarong, Tagulion, Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte.
The National Folk Dance Workshop aims to:
- develop knowledge, skills, understanding and appreciation for folk and traditional dances as bridge of cultures and people of the Philippines and Asia;
- upgrade competencies in teaching traditional Philippine dances, and Asian dances among teachers, dance trainers, choreographers, directors, and dance enthusiasts.
- provide teachers with resource materials on dance such as music CDs, videos. Hand-outs, among others; and
- provide a forurn to discuss significant issues and concerns of folk dancers, dance teachers, trainers, and choreographers.
The target participants are teachers in all levels from both public and private schools. dance trainers, teachers in charge of dance groups, dance directors, choreographers, teachers and students who are members of dance groups, cultural officers, and cultural events coordinators.
The Workshop includes the following activities:
- Dance Sessions;
- Panel Discussion
- Lecture Demonstrations;
- Street Dance;
- Cultural Shows
- Folk Dance Competition;
- Regional Presentations: and
- City Tour and a Culminating Showcase by all the participants.
More information may be inquired from any of the following:
Mr. Rodel Fronda
President Philippine Folk Dance Society
Telephone Nos: (044) 794-9567; (044) 243-0039
Mobile phone Nos: 0916-423-0013; 0939-916-4663; 0925-626-9846
Email Addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Ronnie B. Mirabuena
Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP)
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Telephone No.: (02) 832-1125 local 1602
Mobile Phone No.:0925-811-2476
Email Address: email@example.com
Mr. Peter Macrohon
Mobile No: 0921-720-6066
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org