The government office of Dumaguete City, headed by Mayor Felipe Antonio “Ipe” Remollo held the Kasalang Bayan 2020 last February 14, 2020 a.k.a. Valentine’s Day. The Kasalang Bayan or Public Mass Wedding Ceremony was held at the Presidencia, City Hall Grounds at 4:0 pm. This is the third mass wedding presided and officiated by Mayor Felipe Antonio “Ipe” Remollo.
Kasalang Bayan 2020
A wedding can be a very costly event. Hence, the City Local Civil Registrar held the free mass wedding ceremony for all couples in Dumaguete City. Local Civil Registrar Carlo Cual said that in order to join the mass wedding interested live-in couples and others who are not living in cohabitation including foreigners and residents outside of Dumaguete to submit all documents on or before February 10, 2020. There were only 36 couples who submitted their requirements.
Among the documents required for live-in couples are birth certificates; certificate of no marriage to be obtained from the Philippine Statistics Authority; affidavit of cohabitation to be obtained from the Public Attorney’s Office for free and marriage certificate at the Local Civil Registrar’s Office.
For non-cohabiting parties: birth certificates; advice of parents for persons aging 21-24 years old; consent of parents for persons aging 18-20 years old; valid identification cards; pre-marriage and family planning seminar at the POPCOM Office and marriage license.
For foreigners: valid identification card of the contracting parties; certificate of legal capacity to be obtained from the Embassy of country of origin based in the Philippines; if widowed or widower, death certificate of the spouse; if divorced, original copy of divorce decree; Certificate of no Marriage; couple’s pre-marriage and family planning seminar and marriage license.
Once all required documents are submitted to LCR kindly bring along the sponsors so they could already sign the marriage license before the date of the wedding.
Free Wedding in Dumaguete City!
Several donors, wedding stylists, and event organizers participated in the Kasalang Bayan 2020. They provided free cakes, rings, and souvenirs for the 36 couples who participated. There were also fun prizes during the Mass Wedding Ceremony such as early birds, oldest bride, oldest groom, and longest kiss.
Congratulation and best wishes to the following newlywed:
1. Ali P. Anejos and Anselma C. Luyas
2. Tirso M. Baylon and Rowelyn B. Limpic
3. Jojo A. Rosales and Gerlinde P. Belocura
4. Robeto C. Surense and Angelita L. Bolunguita
5. Herminio E. Valdez and Jerah Mylene A. Alberto
6. Kenneth Mark D. Barrera and Pressela
7. Arjie C. Andaya and Maria Luz H. Callao
8. Jeff L. Millares and Melanie O. Ong
9. Rolando R. Liburada and Jonah Liza T. Piñero
10. Rawi T. Jainal and Irene G. Banua
11. Neorie B. Bolao and Monnit G. Gantalao
12. Chevane D. Timone and Charisa N. Babor
13. Angelico jr. G. Agustin and Evelyn S. Jacosalem
14. Roque A. Lacom and Marilyn T. Mañegos
15. Nehru P. Dipaling and Tranquilina S. Gonido
16. Joe T. Taton and Maria Luz B. Alas
17. Ryan D. Arca and Erica M. Darwin
18. Mark Jay R. Teves and Jezelle D. Anoling
19. Jhufel B. Flores and Mylene Aglipa
20. Rey C. Pajulasa and Tinaya G. Tano
21. Jaypee O. Rubio and Mabelle D. Maru
22. Jolex Rolando jr. E. Patajo and Irish O. Aban
23. Uldarico Dirk Jr. K. Tupas and Clauden M. Bayot
24. Kim Jasper T. Pa-a and Flora mae L. Villo
25. Eres N. Malnegro and Melrose S. Cardinas
26. Gretchel D. Syre and Daisy K. Villamil
27. Jose G. Vigafria and Regina I. Liong
28. Vicente A. Japson and Alma Concepcion C. Loreto
29. Joaquin Jr. F. Joyohoy and Jojie I. Yatan
30. Wifredo G. Patatag and Luzminda M. Delosantos
31. Regie O. Vergara and Caroljean I. Imbo
32. Rolando P. Bareta and Lanie P. Sumalinog
33. David A. Sanchez and Julieta M. Liborada
34. Dancel jade S. Kinding and Miriam Joy G. Rubio
35. Mishael B. Sabeoso and Precilla Rose G. Montayre
36. Johnkenneth G. Navarrete and Jecil D. Amparado