The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is moving towards the future with the new option of ePayment for passport applicants. Not only does it make the processing faster in the DFA Consular Office but it also makes it safer and secured. The ePayment for the passport applicants will be active during the first week of August 2018.
ePayment – Requirement for Passport Applicants
The new DFA system will be required for first-time applicants for a passport to make their remittance through the ePayment after scheduling an appointment with the DFA Consular Office in their respective areas. Renewals and mandatory will also require ePayment after the implementation of ePayment for first timer Passport Applicants goes nationwide.
Through the required ePayment for first time passport applicants, a lot of time will be saved not only for the customers but for the DFA Consular Office as well. This new upgrade will also encourage applicants to show up during their scheduled appointment. Unlike the old system, many applicants tend to abuse the free scheduling appointment. With the ePayment being a non-refundable requirement, applicants will have to show up during their scheduled date and time at the DFA Office.
Here are a few steps to follow for a faster and effective system:
- Read all the reminders carefully before agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Online Appointment System.
- Choose a DFA Consular Office where you wish to apply for or renew your passport.
- Pick the date and time when you wish to apply for or renew your passport.
- Fill out all the required fields by providing the information being asked.
- Carefully review all the details of your application before clicking SUBMIT.
- Choose your desired passport processing type (expedited or regular processing) before clicking PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- Take note of the reference number that will be emailed to you.
Step 2: Proceed to your preferred Payment Center to pay the passport processing fee.
- Present your reference number at the Payment Center upon payment of the passport processing fee.
- One reference number corresponds to one transaction. If you are paying for multiple reference numbers, you need to pay separately for each reference number.
- Keep the receipt that will be issued to you.
Step 3: A confirmed appointment packet will be sent to your email once the payment has been successfully processed. Click the link to your passport appointment packet and PRINT OUT the following contents that you need to bring with you during your scheduled appointment:
- Checklist with your indicated schedule.
- Confirmed Application Form with the bar code, appointment reference number (ARN), and eReceipt number
Two (2) copies of the eRECEIPT.
Step 4: Personally show up at the DFA Consular Office on the date and time indicated in your appointment and make sure to bring a printed copy of your confirmed passport appointment packet and other required documents and IDs.