The 57th Silliman University National Writers Workshop is now accepting participants in their writers’ workshop which will be held at the Silliman University Campus and the Silliman University Mary Rose Lamb Sobrepeña Writers Village from May 7 to May 18, 2018.
Silliman University National Writes Workshop
Talented and gifted writers will be joining in the Silliman University National Writers Workshop at the Mary Rose Lamb Sobrepeña Writers Village located in Camp Look-out, Valencia, Negros Oriental. This workshop is celebrated in the hopes of its promising goal in creating potential writers all around the Philippines. Other applicants who are interested in joining the workshop should submit their manuscripts on or before the 5th of January 2018.
What to Submit as an Applicant?
There are different categories for the 57th Silliman University National Writers Workshop with its corresponding number of entries:
- Fiction and Creative Nonfiction – 3 to 4 entries
- Poetry – 7 to 10 poems
- Drama – 1 one-act play
- Balak (poetry in Binisaya/Visayan) – 7 to 10 entries (w/ English translation)
Each fiction, creative nonfiction, or drama manuscript should be written in English and should not exceed more than 20 pages. Five copies are to be submitted and should be computerized in MS Word (double space, on 8.5 x 11 inches bond paper and a one-inch margin in all sides).
You may send your applications and requests to the Department of English and Literature, Assistant Professor Lady Flor Partosa, Workshop Coordinator at the 1/F Katipunan Hall, Silliman University, Dumaguete City.
For more information and inquiries, contact: 035-422-6002 loc. 350 or mail email@example.com.
Ten Writers who have been accepted as workshop fellows for the 56th edition of the Silliman University National Writers Workshop.
• Tiffany Corinne Conde of Quezon City – Ateneo de Manila University
• Catherine Anne A. Orda of Quezon City – (De La Salle University
• Arlene Theresa Avila of Surigao City – University of British Columbia
• Matthew Jacob F. Ramos of Cebu City – Ateneo de Manila University
• Vincen Gregory Y. Yu of Iloilo City – University of the Philippines-Manila
• Cesar Miguel Lopez Escaño of Tacloban, Leyte – Ateneo de Manila University
• Maria Tanya Patricia Pilares Cruz of Quezon City – University of Santo Tomas
• Elijah Maria Villanueva Pascual of Marikina City – Ateneo de Manila University
• George G. Deoso of Quezon City – University of Santo Tomas
• Hezron G. Pios of Bacolod City – University of St. La Salle