The 23rd Regional Association of Development Information Officers (Radio 7) Convention gathering of more than 120 tourism officers and public information officers from Central Visayas will take place in Dumaguete City from September 18-21, 2017; with the theme “Synergy: Communicating Responsible Information”.
Central Visayas Radio 7 Convention
The Radio 7 is the head organization of the federation of both local and national government information officers in the different cities, towns, and provinces of the Central Visayas. The convention gathering will be hosted by Anopio (Association of the Negros Oriental Public Information Officers).
The three-day convention gathering is to bee kick off by the Negros Oriental Governor Roel Degamo and the Michael Lloyd Dino, Presidential Assistant for the Visayas, as for a welcoming speech on the first day. On the third day, the keynote address will be given by Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar.
Topics for the convention will include the talk on:
- “Countering Fake News and Communicating the Right Information” – by Philippine Information Agency Director General Harold Clavite
- “Asean Integration” – by Department of Trade and Industry-Central Visayas Director Asteria Caberte
- “Branding and Marketing” – by Operating Officer of the Tourism Board Cesar Montano
- “The Role of Public Information Officers and Crisis Communication” – by Broadcast journalist Ces Drilon
- “Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development” – by EDC Vice President for Corporate Communication Ricky Carandang
- Philippine Development Plan 2017-2022 – by a representative from the National Economic Development Authority
- Negros Island Geothermal Energy – by Geothermal Business Unit Manager of the Energy Development Corporation (EDC) Joel Soria